Type D Bags are produced using anti-static, static dissipative fabrics which prevent any occurrence of sparks or brush discharges. This is different from a Conductive Bag as it need not be connected to the ground for dissipating the static charge. These bags are used to pack safely combustible products and handle them in a combustible environment.
Our company is licensed to manufacture Type D Crohmiq FIBC Bags.
CROHMIQ is internationally recognized for Type D static protective bulk bag packaging technology. Grounding CROHMIQ is not required, but CROHMIQ can be safely grounded for applications that demand groundable bulk bags. CROHMIQ FIBC are continuously tested in a world-class testing laboratory. Over 20 years of thorough testing by the world's leading test laboratories has proven the safety of CROHMIQ’s technology. CROHMIQ complies with all the latest National and International safety standards for static protective FIBC. Worldwide technical support is available to all users of CROHMIQ FIBC.
REASONS TO USE CROHMIQ® TYPE D FIBC
- Proven safety with over 40 million CROHMIQ FIBC used without incident in multiple products, industries, & combustible environments
- Over 80 billion pounds of products have been safely packaged in CROHMIQ FIBC
- Leading companies recognize the blue color fabric used on FIBC as a TEXENE quality product
- The world's first effective, and still leading technology, static dissipative FIBC fabric that does not require grounding
- INTERNATIONAL ELECTROTECHNICAL COMMISSION STANDARD: IEC 61340-4-4 Ed. 3.0: 2018
- INTERNATIONAL ELECTROTECHNICAL COMMISSION TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION IEC/TS 60079-32-1: 2013
- NATIONAL FIRE PROTECTION ASSOCIATION STANDARDS: NFPA 652: 2019 & NFPA 654: 2020
- JAPANESE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY & HEALTH TR No. 42: 2007
- CROHMIQ is the leading Type D FIBC technology
- Safely dissipates static electricity without the need for a ground/earth connection
- CROHMIQ FIBC can be safely used grounded or ungrounded, whereas Type C FIBC must be grounded securely and correctly in order to dissipate electrostatic charges
- Complies with Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FDA) and European Union (EU) regulations for use in the storage and transportation of dry goods
- CROHMIQ static protective FIBC are safe to store and transport food products and pharmaceuticals
- To ensure the continued safety of CROHMIQ® fabric, TEXENE regularly conducts tests in its safety performance test laboratory located in Miami Lakes, FL. The most important test that proves the safety of FIBC for use in flammable or explosive atmospheres is the incendivity, or ignition test, conducted according to the International Standard IEC 61340-4-4 Ed. 3.0: 2018. The principle is to fill the bulk bag under test with charged pellets and determine if there are any electrostatic discharges from the surface of the bulk bag with sufficient energy to ignite an approaching gas probe. The test parameters are selected to provide the severest challenge to FIBC so as to ensure they are able to perform safely under worst case conditions.